A Red Sun Rising
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Serethiel
Admin

Hanging out in Fangorn - Page 2 Empty Re: Hanging out in Fangorn

Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:27 pm
Serethiel was impressed by Lorien's statement. It reassured her that she had made the right decision. Not that this decision was really hers to make in fact. She had a feeling that Lorien would have come anyway. As she looked at him she found that she was glad he had chosen to come with her...although she couldn't quite put her finger on why she felt that way. Perhaps it was because he reminded her of Aragorn...or perhaps it was because he could make her smile.

She watched as he laid back on the forest floor and tucked his hands behind his head. She remained sitting as she planned to remain on watch. As he turned his head to look at her once again she found herself looking back into his eyes. They were warm and kind. The eyes of a good man with a good heart. Suddenly, his face became serious and he began to speak again. His words made her breath stop in her chest for a moment...that is until he finished his thought. She rolled her eyes, but smiled.

"Believe me when I tell that that will never happen again. You got lucky and if I were you I would not push that luck...otherwise I might just continue to allow you to fail at killing deer with a bow and arrow."
Admin
Admin
https://a-red-sun-rising.forumotion.com

Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:49 pm
Lorien laughed heartedly when she threatened to continue to let him miss shooting deer. He had a retort that he wouldn’t have to shoot them if she wouldn’t get caught in his nets to begin with, but he decided to take her advice and not push his luck. It was refreshing to hear a jest that was not his own for once.

He looked at her again, wondering if she was going to sleep sitting up like that. It didn’t look like an uncomfortable position, but not the most restful either. He wondered if it was a defensive tactic, helping to stay alert possibly. “You may sleep comfortably here. You need not fear any nightly noise. I have the protection of the forest, no predator will stalk us, and we will have plenty of warning if any enemies enter the forest. Rest easy.”

Lorien took her sight in one last time, the curve of her neckline, the shape of her jawline, every feature of her image. No sculptor could ever hope to achieve such perfection. Then he laid the back of his head against his hands and closed his eyes. With his legs still stretched out and crossed, he let himself drift to sleep, Serethiel’s beautiful image still in his thoughts.
Serethiel
Admin

Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:28 am
OOC-New thread
Sponsored content